Friday, August 9, 2013

Attempted Giraffe Print

This looks nothing like what I had in mind.  I love giraffes and why not recreate their print on my nails?  My attempt failed!  I used a very easy technique which required to paint a thick coat of my base color, and then let the spots color drip onto the nail to created irregular and elongated shapes.  Now this was trial and error.  First, I noticed if the base color was too thick, the polish had a tendency to run off the sides.  Second, if the polish is too thin, the spots wont spread right, obviously.  I did get it right on some nails and others not so much.  Also, make sure the spots are close together as possible too.  After this design was complete, I realized my nails look like chocolate chip cookies and not giraffe print.  Total fail!  If my base color was more of a yellow and not khaki, then it possibly would be more convincing.  Overall, it was still a cute design.

Polishes used:
Finger Paints Don't Make A Scene
China Glaze Mahogany Magic


No comments:

Post a Comment